Thursday, May 16, 2013

Master of None

Jenny Anderson

Really? It has come to this? Struggling to write a blog post?

As a returning student at MPTC, I have been learning how to write HTML, Javascript and PHP; these languages create every single page on the Web. I have been taking these languages and creating something that not only works but is also aesthetically pleasing (see this). This task was not an easy one. I come from an artistic background and for the last two and a half years, I have been painstakingly rerouting my right-brain synapses towards the left. I have even had the sensation that my brain is larger than my head. (But hey, that could be another blog post.) But for now, I find myself here, incapable of writing a blog post about digital media marketing on a site that I could create.

So I depended on the one thing that has helped me through school: my keen research abilities. I Googled, “How to write a good, interesting blog.” This is what I found. Number one rule: choose an interesting topic. So here I go.

My topic: The importance of understanding digital media marketing from my perspective as a Web designer/ developer.

As an entrepreneurial Web designer, knowing all the needs of clients is imperative. Not only do clients want a fantastic-looking-highly-operational site, they also want to use that site to its greatest potential. Knowing how to promote the clients’ site by utilizing social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest can only bolster your credentials. Social media marketing works hand in hand with Web design. I think our era is one to represent the jack of all trades, master of all, culture. The more you know, the better you will be. The better you are, the more you can offer.

The end.

But keep in mind, the more you can offer the longer your days will be. For digital marketing and Web design never sleep, and I have the bags under my eyes to prove my point. I think I did it!
Hopefully, you found this post interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Digital Marketing in Dubai
    https://www.nsreem.com/ourservices/digital-marketing/
    Digital marketing support is given with no time limit, we observe the tastes of people and we can do the marketing for their thoughts which will help your firm to be noticeable to them. NSREEM is #1 Digital Marketing in Dubai
    1633424773232-11

    ReplyDelete