Tuesday, May 7, 2013

MPTC, Digital Marketing Student gets Internship

By: April Neumann

Amber Infalt, student at MPTC, gives us the inside scoop!

Why did you choose digital marketing?


I didn't really think I would get this into the digital marketing side of things until my last semester in the marketing program when I took a class with Kory on analytics. It really interested me that it is such a personable and creative way to do marketing and you can see the response of what works and doesn't work. It is also such a huge growing area and if you want to go into marketing, at any type or size of business, you should expect to do digital marketing. Many of us grew up with the internet, and look at how it is shaping the way we all interact. I'm sure that we will only become more technology-driven, so there is always that security of the job as well.

How do you like your job at Northbrook Insurance Associates in Slinger, WI?  


I enjoy the freedoms they give me. They have a good deal of confidence in me and that allows me to suggest new things. I am able to look at all of the analytics of our website and Facebook pages in order to maximize the reach of posts. Also, I make a lot of the email templates for bulk email promotions that are sent out when we have something going on or have new leads that are potential clients.

Currently I am working on a promotion called Schoolkits for Kids. We started a referral program that I was a big part of promoting as well, so I am pretty involved in a lot of the new things happening at Northbrook. It is very cool that they are investing in me and I look forward to continuing with Northbrook after graduation.


How did MPTC help you get the internship?


I owe a lot to Kory for giving me the heads up that they were hiring and for talking to Ryan from Northbrook about me. I would also say that Robin had a lot to do with it as well. She may not have directly been involved in the process but she prepared me and pushed me to be such a great student and to be one of those "go do" people. I think Moraine Park does a great job getting students ready for the "working world," and I appreciate all of the help from Kory and Robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment